City Links & Information
Useful links, phone numbers and information on city services
Useful Web Links
- City of Bloomington website
- Bloomington Police Department
- BPD Lexis Nexis Community map of crime activity
- Bloomington Public Works Departments
- RHLOA’s Bloomington Ward 9 Alderman (Tom Crumpler):
- Make a Bloomington “Pothole" request (call Call 309-434-BUMP (2867) or email (
- Town of Normal website
- East-side Bypass Study
- Pantagraph and WJBC
- City of Bloomington Public Works Garbage, Trash, and Recycle: General information, Interactive Schedule, and
- Garbage pickup with carts on Mondays (except on Christmas Day); Recycling is every other week. See the Recycle Coach info on the right sidebar.
- Brush will be collected every other week on non-recycle weeks.
- Trash should be set by the curb after 2 PM on Sunday (no later than 6 AM Monday) and removed by 9 AM on Tuesday.
- Landscaping debris is typically picked up on Monday. Put landscaping debris out by the curb the day before.
- Bulk trash pickup (cabinets, refrigerators, furniture, etc.) occurs twice per year, once in spring and once in fall, typically the first week in May and October.
- AVOID putting landscaping debris and bulk trash out on the curb and having it set there for multiple days or an entire week! This reflects on the overall look of the high-quality profile of our neighborhood.